The history of arise checking and controlling in the agricult:ure in Slovakia is dated from 1884. On this basic period establishes the foundation and activity of other research and agricultural institutes founded in 1920. The continuer of these institute's activities is from 1951 Central Control and Check Agricultural Institute in Bratislava. The main role of this institute is carrying out state control, checking in conditions of the agricultural resort, and a state's special inspection of the quality of inputs to agriculture as well (agrochemicals, forages, etc. ..)
In 20th century international agreements for area of the plant protection were worked out. In 2001 we commemorate 50th anniversary of signature of the International Agreement for Plant Protection and also 50th anniversary of foundation of the European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organization - EPPO with it's seat in Paris. It is an intergovernmental organization which responds to the international co-operation in the field for plant protection in Europe and Mediterranean.