National Transport Authority
The National Transport Authority is governed by special laws passed by the National Council of the Slovak Republic:
- Act No. 725/2004 Coll. on Railways and on Operating Conditions for Vehicles in Road Traffic and on Amendment of Certain Laws, as amended;
- Act No. 56/2012 Coll. on Road Transport, as amended;
- Act No. 280/2006 Coll. on Compulsory Initial Qualifications and Periodic Training of Certain Drivers, as amended;
- Act No. 461/2007 Coll. on the Use of Recording Equipment in Road Transport;
- Act No. 93/2005 Coll. on Driving Schools and on Amendment of Certain Laws, as amended;
- Act No. 359/2000 Coll. on the Slovak Chamber of Driving Schools and on Amendment of Act of the National Council of the Slovak Republic No. 315/1996 Coll. on Road Traffic;
- Act No. 387/2015 Coll. on a Uniform Information System in Road Transport and on Amendment of Certain Laws; and
- related generally binding regulations and decrees.
The National Transport Authority operates within the framework of European Union legislation, the laws outlined above and international treaties governing the approval of vehicles, systems components and separate technical units as the national type-approval authority and contact point for national type-approval authorities and national registration authorities in other Member States of the European Union, State Parties to the European Economic Area Agreement and the Swiss Confederation, as well as the UN/ECE Agreement.